Thursday, January 31, 2008

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

So I took the day off of work today because I have put in way too many hours as of late. I was thinking this meant a nice day of relaxation and fun...then I remembered I was married. So the day of fun and relaxation turned into the day of cleaning out the spare (junk) bedroom and starting the task of cleaning the garage. Needless to say I wasn't too excited about work over play. Well as we were cleaning out the front bedroom we came upon our VHS collection. In the collection we found some priceless old movies - including 3 of my all time favorites. First there was the 1987 World Series Championship VHS hosted by Al Michaels. This is incredible. I know they have since made a DVD (of which Logan my brother owns) but this is a rare gem. I am proud to say that I will continue to own that copy. Next, I found my copy of the Burbs. This is one of the greatest dark comedies ever made, and perhaps my favorite Tom Hanks film. [Bruce Dern is amazing in this film as well. If you have not seen this, you are truly missing out in life. Oh and if all else fails, Carrie Fisher is in it. Not that she is all that great, but it reminds me of when she was such a babe as Princess Leia.] Finally, as if it can get any better, I found my copy of Planet of the Dinosaurs. I received this movie as a kid because I was obsessed with dinosaurs. The acting is so cheesy and the special effects terrible, but for the longest time it was my absolute favorite movie. They have a collection of clips from the movie on youtube - including the opening scene. Wow. So I guess the whole point of this is that what seemed like the worst (cleaning) turned out to be worthwhile after all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!