Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Goodbye Scrubs

"Endings are never easy. I always build them up so much in my head, they can't possibly live up to my expectations, and I just end up disappointed. I'm not even sure why it matters to me so much how things end here. I guess it's because that we all want to believe that what we do is very important: that people hang on to our every word, that people care what we think. The truth is, you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone, anyone, feel a little better. After that, it's all about the people you let into your life."
-J.D. (Scrubs)-
It is funny how when watching a television show you can become so engrossed in the show that you actually feel like you "know" the characters. While watching the series finale, I actually became choked up with the incredible way Bill Lawrence wrapped up the show. I love the quote that Zach Braff gave in the episode too. It has literally gotten me thinking about all of the relationships in my own life. My wife and I were in Flagstaff for my graduation the other day and we were talking about all of our fun memories with our friends from school back in the day. It made me realize just how incredibly important relationships are to life. In the end, they are the only things that really matter. Life keeps pushing forward, but the memories and joy that people bring to our lives is what sustains us. So funny as it might be, I enjoyed my 8 years with the cast of Scrubs. It was just a silly tv show and yet it gave me a lot of laughs & joy. In the end, J.D. and Crew did make me "feel a little better."

1 comments:

Jason and Melissa Schneider said...

I am glad that I was there to cuddle with you after the show. (Oh wait that was just in my head.) I know that I have had a great time here in AZ and I am glad that I have made such a good friend as you. Try not to get to emotional because we still have Lost for one more season.